Wiggle & Grow
2-3 Year Olds
45 minute weekly class
Child and caregiver attend together
Class Size: maximum of 10 Students
Tuition: $85 per month
Kindermusik@Home provided for free
In every Wiggle & Grow Class, you’ll get to…..
- Bond. In our busy lives, it is hard to reserve the bonding time that we so crave. A Kindermusik class offers you a place to create lasting memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your their musical imagination.
- Play Instruments. Your toddler’s exploration of age-appropriate instruments will enhance their sense of rhythm and steady beat, help develop a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, strengthen their fine motor skills and improve eye-hand coordination. Instruments used include shakers, bells, drums, sand blocks, rhythm sticks, and much more!
- Twirl, Wiggle, Move and Dance. This high-energy class is just right for your active toddler. A classroom full of joyous movement helps develop the muscle strength needed to run, climb, skip, jump and hop. It also helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music. Enjoy lap bounces, free dances, circle games, expressive dances and many other movements to help improve large motor skills and to help your child feel the beat in their bodies.
- Listen to Sounds and Music. Hearing is something we are born with, but the ability to listen is something that is learned. Your child will hear a variety of different sounds to help improve listening skills and to gain auditory awareness. From the chugging sound of the choo choo train to the ribbits of the frog. Watch your child’s eyes light up with delight. In addition to sounds, your toddler will also get to hear a wide variety of music from diverse cultures. This builds strong neural networks in a child’s forming brain and greatly aids in speech development.
- Sing. In this class, your toddler will explore her voice through echoes, songs and chants. Vocal play and making silly sounds helps children learn to form vowel and consonants sounds, say words and to use expressive vocal inflection.
- Listen to Stories. Early literacy and vocabulary are introduced through a weekly story-time. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her to read music.
- Socialize. In a clean, safe environment, you’ll meet other caregivers and little ones just like you who value music, learning and bonding. Your child will gain social skills as they learn to take turns, share and put instruments away. Connect with other families for support and share tips to make every day musical and joyful.
- Receive Expert Advice. A Kindermusik Educator explains what-to-watch-for every step of the way, and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development.
After your Wiggle & Grow Class, your learning continues with Kindermusik@home…
- Every 4 weeks, you’ll receive a new downloadable music album with 15-20 songs, featuring the same awesome music from class. By playing the music at home and in the car, your toddler will get the repetition needed to acceleration their language development!
- The Kindermusik@home website includes fun and interactive stories, games and family activities to compliment the learning we do in class further enhancing your child’s growth and development.
- Click here for more information on Kindermusik@home.
Wiggle & Grow Monthly Unit Descriptions