Level 3: Kindermusik for Preschoolers
3-4 Year Olds
45 minute weekly class
Caregiver attends during the last 15 minutes of class
(Please note, in our Saturday Class caregivers stay for the entire class)
Class Size: maximum of 8-10 Students
Tuition: $89 per month
Kindermusik@Home provided for free
In every Kindermusik for Preschoolers Class, you’ll get to…..
- Explore the Keyboard. Your child will be introduced to basic pre-piano skills in a fun, age-appropriate and hands-on environment.
- Play Instruments. Your preschooler’s exploration of age-appropriate instruments will enhance their sense of rhythm, steady beat, melody and timbre. This exploration will further strengthen their fine motor skills and improve eye-hand coordination. Students will also get to play mallet instruments to help them develop bilaterally. Percussion instruments used include shakers, bells, drums, sand blocks, rhythm sticks, and much more!
- Gallop, Skip, Hop and Dance. This high-energy class is just right for your active preschooler. A classroom full of joyous movement helps develop large motor skills. It also helps their little heart fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music. Enjoy free dances, circle games, expressive dances and many other movements to help improve large motor skills and to help your child feel the beat in their bodies. Activities that include the use of balls, hoops and scarves allow the exploration of directionality (up, down, side to side) and balance.
- Listen to Sounds and Music. Hearing is something we are born with, but the ability to listen is something that is learned. Your child will hear a variety of different sounds to help improve listening skills and to gain auditory awareness. From the chugging sound of the choo choo train to the ribbits of the frog. Watch your child’s eyes light up with delight. In addition to sounds, your toddler will also get to hear a wide variety of music from diversity cultures. This builds strong neural networks in a child’s forming brain and greatly aids in speech development.
- Sing. In this class, your preschooler will explore her singing voice through echoes, songs and chants. Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity and socialization. Songs are introduced to encourage the development of pitch and interval accuracy.
- Listen to Stories: Early literacy and vocabulary are introduced through a weekly story-time. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her to read music.
- Socialize. Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers and are learning to take direction from a teacher. By providing both a peer group during the first 30 minutes of class, and Family Sharing Time during the last 15 minutes, your child gets a balance of his drive for independence, and the still needed emotional security of having you there. In addition, your little one will gain social skills as they learn to take turns, empathize, build friendships, resolve conflicts and share.
- Pretend. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening and movement. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor and cognitive skills.
After class, your learning continues with Kindermusik@home…
- Every 4 weeks, you’ll receive a new downloadable music album with 15-20 songs, featuring the same awesome music from class. By playing the music at home and in the car, your preschooler will get the repetition needed to acceleration their language development!
- The Kindermusik@home website includes fun and interactive stories, games and family activities to compliment the learning we do in class further enhancing your child’s growth and development.
- Click here for more information on Kindermusik@home.
Kindermusik for Preschoolers Monthly Unit Descriptions