(Using and Enhancing the Kindermusik Level 4 Curriculum)
4-6 Year Olds
45 minute weekly class
Caregiver attends during the last 15 minutes of class
Class Size: maximum of 8-10 Students
Tuition: $89 per month
Kindermusik@Home provided for free
The ULTIMATE Music Class for Kids! This is the pinnacle of our Kindermusik journey. We’ll combine the award-winning Kindermusik Move & Groove curriculum with hands-on instrument exploration: KEYBOARD, VIOLIN, UKULELE, SINGING, DRUMMING, RECORDER and XYLOPHONE. This class is the perfect step between early childhood music classes and private lessons!
In every Mighty Musicians Class, you’ll get to…..
- Learn How to Play Instruments. Every 5 weeks we’ll focus on a new instrument: Keyboard, Violin, Ukulele, Drums, Singing, Recorder and Xylophones. We’ll learn the fundamentals of each instrument and begin playing some simple tunes.
- Singing. In this class, your preschooler will increase pitch accuracy, expand vocal range, improve sequencing and memory recall through singing. Children will also begin singing songs in other languages.
- Learn about Music History, Composers, Music Genres and Instrument Families.Your preschooler will learn basic music history including learning about the various genres of music, composers and cultures. Music history and cultural topics include: opera, marching bands, the orchestra, instrument families, American folk music and drumming around the world.
- Read and Write Music. Your musician will learn basic music notation on the staff, rhythm reading, and music and vocabulary. This will led to an excellence foundation for future music lessons.
- Gallop, Skip, Hop and Dance. There will be plenty of opportunities to get those little feet dancing. Movement is crucial to improving large motor skills and to help your child feel the beat in the music. Preschoolers will participate in various group dances and games which will help them learn social cues and expression.
- Listen to Stories. The stories in this older class will frequently help to reinforce the featured musical genre, musical concepts and musical vocabulary from class. This skillfully provides children with different learning styles the opportunity to absorb the new information presented in the lesson.
- Socialize. Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers and are learning to take direction from a teacher. By providing both a peer group during the first 30 minutes of class, and Family Sharing Time during the last 15 minutes, your child gets a balance of his drive for independence, and the still needed emotional security of having a caregiver there. In addition, your little one will gain social skills as they learn to take turns, empathize, build friendships, resolve conflicts and share.
- Pretend. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening and movement. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor and cognitive skills.
After your Mighty Musicians Class, your learning continues with Kindermusik@home.
- Every 5 weeks, you’ll receive a new downloadable music album with 15-20 songs, featuring the same awesome music from class. By playing the music at home and in the car, your preschooler will get the repetition needed to acceleration their language development!
- The Kindermusik@home website includes fun and interactive stories, games and family activities to compliment the learning we do in class further enhancing your child’s growth and development.
- Click here for more information on Kindermusik@home.
Mighty Musicians Unit Descriptions